2011 Prediction Review

by 11:04 AM 0 COMMENTS

I began 2011 with a post in witch I made a series of predictions for the year based on my understand on the trends in our world. It's time to review how accurate I was. I know it is a month late, but better late than never

1. The Federal Government will seek to counter the states rights movement. They will seek to gain greater control of the states and local communities by launching a series of bailouts.
I was wrong on this one. While the federal government did do much to further violate the 10th Amendment, they did not do so through a series of bailouts for the states. I still think this is coming, but it did not happen in 2011.

2. DHS (which controls ICE) will declare some form of amnesty without congressional approval.
This one was dead on. Ice did declare a form of amnesty through an internal memo and hardly anyone noticed.

3. Inflation and the cost of living will increase drastically, especially food and gas. Some countries will dump the dollar as their reserve currency.
I say this one is a hit. Inflation and the cost of living did increase to a painful extent. And yes some countries have dumped the dollar.

4. We will see widespread food shortages in poor nations. This will come because of global cooling, and environmental policies that are harmful to agriculture.
Dead on, I saw it with my own eyes.

5. DHS will increase its influence and begin patrolling public buildings.
Not only did DHS expand their sphere of influence to public buildings, they began patrolling highways.

6. President Obama will move more to the center publicly and allow agencies to carry out the far left agenda.
This one was a hit 20 times over. Some scary thing came about through the various agencies which fall under the control of the executive branch. Meanwhile President Obama has made several attempts to change his public perception to that of a centrist.

7. There will be no war with Iran or North Korea, but tensions will be high on more than one occasion.
This is one I'm glad I was right about.

8. There will be many civil wars in poorer nations. This will come about for a variety of reasons, but increased food shortages and prices will be the most common factor.
This is what the Arab spring was actually about. The MSN did their best to say this was about people just wanting to be free. The truth is rising food prices and food shortages pushed millions of people in poor nations to the brink.

9. The debt crisis in the E.U. will grow and a few nations will seek to cut ties.
It certainly has grown worse, and some nations have began to make plans for leaving the EU, but no one has seriously sought to cut ties. I give myself half credit on this one.

10. Many governments will seek to impose greater control of the web, but intrepid people will develop new technologies that will make these controls impossible. More user-friendly proxy servers will make it possible to have more online freedom in nations like China and Iran.

We have seen many free nations try to place dangerous restriction on the internet. We have also seen the use of proxy servers increase. In 2010 I had very few readers from China, in 2011 the amount of visitors to this sight from China almost tripled.

My final score: 85%
Not bad for educated guessing. Never the less, I wish I had been wrong about most of them. Tomorrow, I'll do my predictions for 2012



Anonymous

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment