INTERVIEW: DEBORAH HAMILTON

by 9:55 AM 0 COMMENTS
I decided to start back by doing an interview I've been wanting to do for a long time. Deborah Hamilton.


TM: How long have you been blogging?
DH: I started blogging in 2005. After the September 11, 2001 attacks on America I began reading everything I could find on the Internet, news, blogs, discussion groups. I also started commenting at a few. Like most people who read blogs, I found a few where I felt at home, felt that I had found a group of people who believed the same as I did about the attacks, about the enemy, about our reactions to that enemy.
I settled in at a blog called In The Bullpen (http://www.inthebullpen.com
). Don't go looking for it, because the account has since been closed. The demands from job and family became more important than blogging for Chad, the author. He was kind enough to invite me to contribute articles, which was very scary at first. I was pretty technically challenged (still am) but he taught me what to do and how to post. I was then invited by several others to post, or cross-post, articles. I enjoyed it all very much because I was learning about Islam, about the terrorists, about our own government. The more I learned, the more I wanted to know.
Eventually I got the nerve to start my own blog and with Chad's advice I started Right Truth in 2005. I stopped posting at other sites to devote my time to Right Truth. Since 2005 I have been lucky enough to have some fine writers contribute articles to Right Truth (R.J. Godlewski, Fern Sidman, Mark Silinsky, CBPO Jon A. Underwood, Ret., Paul A. Ibbetson, and occasionally Martel Sobieskey) which gives readers a nice variety of style, content, and views while sticking to the main goal -- to share information.


TM: Many bloggers die off after a few months, what has kept you going all
these years.
DH: There have been several times I almost hit the "delete" key and gave up. It does get discouraging because at times it feels like we are preaching to the choir. Also at times it doesn't seem like we are accomplishing anything. We wonder if any one is listening, if anyone is learning anything by reading our articles. For me that is what it is all about -- sharing information. When blogging becomes a chore, a burden, an intrusion into our lives, then that's the time many bloggers quit. I've almost reached that point, but I'm still hanging on for now.


TM: Who would you like to see run in 2012?
DH: That's a tough question to answer because so much can happen between now and the time we really get serious about a candidate. I like Sarah Palin. I know some Conservatives don't like her and the Republican leadership doesn't care for her, but I think she would be great. Bobby Jindal is a strong leader and I would certainly vote for him, but he says he is not going to run. (I know, they all say that.) Chris Christie would be my first choice, but again he says he is absolutely not running.
I see where John Bolton says he might run. I could vote for him but would like to know more about what his domestic policies would be.
I could probably answer this question better by telling you who I do NOT want to run. That would be Mike Huckabee, Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, and the same old retreads from the last elections. Most of them are RINOS (Republicans In Name Only) and this country needs a strong Conservative in the top position in Washington.


TM: What important issue do you think is overlooked too often?
DH: No question in my mind how to answer this one -- the invasion of Islam/Sharia into every aspect of American life and politics. I believe this to be blamed on political correctness, useful idiots, the Liberals/Progressives who are anti Christian and yet seem to support the spread of Islam as some special delicacy to be protected and nourished. I do not understand it.

The Muslim groups who are behind this know how to use our system, our laws, our sense of fairness, all against us in order to push their agenda. Make no mistake, the true agenda of the true followers of Islam is to spread Islam, which I believe to be a political system more than a religion. What is your favorite amendment in the Bill of Rights, and why?


TM: If you could change one thing about Washington, what would it be, and why?

DH: Oh my, I could make a list ... But I think term limits is a must. The Founding Fathers never intended we have career politicians.

Deborah is one of the most in deal in great detail with many heavy subjects. She is certainly one of the best when it comes to foreign policy. You can find her blog Right Truth at
http://www.righttruth.typepad.com


Anonymous

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment