I'M GOING TO AFGHANISTAN

by 3:58 AM 0 COMMENTS
For the past few months, I have been in the process of negotiating orders. Last year I had orders to go to Afghanistan, but the mission was canceled, so I stayed in Korea. I once again have orders there, and am looking forward to the challenge. I fought hard though all kinds of paperwork to have this opportunity. I do not plan on staying in the Navy, and feel this is the best way to spend my last year.

I will leave Korea in September and spend about a month at home before leaving to Afghanistan. I'll only be their a few months due to the Navy and Marines having shorter rotations than the Army. I know it will not be a cake walk, and that it will require much more from me than Korea.

Why do I want to do this?
It's the right thing to do. I'm 32 single and healthy. It's better for me to go, than someone with a family. When I'm done in the Navy (provided I don't mess up) I will be able to hold my head up high knowing that I served in two very important areas of the world.

Politics
Some have asked me what I think of those that have tried to get out of service in Iraq and Afghanistan, because of supposed doubts about the Presidents citizenship. First, I see no hard evidence to back up these claims. Second, I joined the Navy to serve my country, not a particular President. I personally disprove of those that let political beliefs stand in the way of their duty. The men who stormed the beaches of Normandy did not use possible objections to FDR's policies as an excuse. I may not agree with all of the President's policies, but I'm not serving him, I'm serving my country.

The privilege of wearing the uniform is one of the greatest honors of my life. I've been so blessed to serve with some of the best people I have ever met. It is not a burden. There are times when it's not easy, but that’s life.

Anonymous

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment