SEAT BELTS

by 8:24 AM 0 COMMENTS
I find it strange how easily the masses can except laws that have nothing to do with protecting the rights of others. I can understand why it is illegal to drive at a high rate of speed in a residential area. I can understand how stop lights and stop signs regulate traffic and reduce injury to others. But I fail to see how mandatory seat belt laws protect my life liberty and property from others.

Before we continue, I wish to clarify I am not against wearing seat belts. I realize that an object in motion tends to stay in motion. I usually wear my seat belt, and would encourage you to do the same. However, I think that responsible adults can make that choice without the government forcing the issue.

Just laws protect the rights of others, unjust laws seek to unnecessarily control people. If I choose not to wear my seat belt, how does that infringe on your rights? Do not give me the health care cost argument, that kind of reasoning is the foundation of the nanny state. That kind of reasoning justifies the outlaw of fast food and soda.

I have this crazy belief, that adults of a sound mind can run their own lives. We may make mistakes, but we do not need to be told what to eat and what to think. Again, how would my not wearing a seat belt hurt you? It does not hurt you any more than the burger I am having for dinner. Yet, for some strange reason we have accepted a law that is nothing more than social engineering.



Anonymous

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment