NEWS AND STUFF 5

by 6:01 AM 0 COMMENTS
Due to my site vanishing last week there was no news and stuff round-up. This week I'm back, and as usual a lot is going on in America and the world. You better strap on your life vest, the water is deep.


Russia backs sanctions against Iran
This one surprised me; I'm not sure if it is the result of a behind the scenes deal, or if Russia just came to their senses. Either way, this is a good thing, Iran is dangerous and needs to be contained. If China would join, we would have a clean sweep in the Security Council.

U.S. National debt tops 13 trillion
This is beyond disturbing. Even more disturbing is our unfunded liabilities; they now total over 100 trillion. That's not a typo; we have over 100 trillion in unfunded liabilities. We need to get our spending under control, and we need to do it now. If we do not cut spending drastically, what is happening in Greece will seem like nothing.

The spill goes on
BP is going to try and plug the hole again. I hope this works, but I have my doubts. There are still far too many unanswered questions. It may be some time before (if ever) we get the full story. Sure enough, the Democrats are blaming Bush, no really, they did. My computer is running slow tonight, I wonder if that is Bush's fault?

Justice Department plans to challenge the Arizona law
I hope that someone in the Justice Department has actually read the law. It's kind of silly to legally challenge something you know nothing about. It took me less than thirty minutes to read the law.

Obama to suspend Arctic drilling
Who did not see this one coming a mile away? Get ready for high gas prices, and more dependence on Middle Eastern oil. Not only will this impact fuel prices, it will raise the cost of most goods. As oil goes, so does the cost of living.

Phoenix Mars Lander is finished
The Phoenix Mars Lander mission has been declared finished after several failed attempts to communicate with the craft. The Mars Lander lasted several months longer than its intended mission. The information provided by the craft has significantly expanded our understanding of the red planet. I can imagine it ending up in the private collection of some billionaire in a hundred years.

Korea
Because of where I am and what I do, I'm not going to say anything about this situation. Click here for the latest news on what is happening.

Obviously, I did not cover everything. Are there any stories I missed that matter to you?

Anonymous

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment